In our last post we shared some tips on what you can do with your baby in the morning. Today we will discuss some quick tips on things you can do with your baby in the afternoon.
What to do with your baby in the Afternoon
- Household tasks – put your baby in a front pack baby carrier and carry her with you as you wash dishes, start laundry, etc.
- Highchair Play-Time – put your baby in a highchair, bouncy chair or a baby swing while you prepare lunch.
- Mommy & Baby Nap-Time– lay your baby down for a nap in its bed and try to lay down for nap yourself or have some time to read or relax.
- Afternoon walk – getting out the house for some fresh air and exercise is always a great idea even if you had a morning walk.
- Mommy & Baby Play-Time– try a new activity such as introducing a new toy, play music, sing, dance, or paint with your baby.
- Baby Play-Time– Find a safe spot to prop your baby up on a Boppy pillow or place your baby in an activity center or playpen, and let them play on their own for a while.
Awareness of what is best for you and your baby can make the difference between life and death when understanding the significant issue with the rate of babies dying before their 1st birthday in Ohio. Studies show that 2.5x more black babies are dying compared to the rate of all other babies. Why Black Babies was created to eradicate this issue and positively change these statistics. We need to rally around our black moms and moms-to-be to ensure they have the education, awareness and support for what they need to have healthy pregnancies and healthy babies. If you know a mom or mom-to-be, share this information with them and give them both the best future possible. More resources and help can be found at our website – spread the word!
We hope you enjoyed this post and learned something that could help a mom or mom-to-be and her precious baby stay healthy, happy, and safe. Stayed tuned for our next post on what to do with your baby in the evening. What do you do with your baby in the afternoon? We love to hear from you so give us your feedback on our posts and share your thoughts and opinions. Visit and like/follow our social media pages (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube) with more information supporting the cause of keeping black babies alive and healthy!